What is a Boutique Real Estate Firm?
Many may consider a “boutique” firm to cater to high end only, or possibly too small to break into the competitive real estate market. In reality, these firms are extremely specialized businesses with a culture centered on customer service and professionalism. As a client of a Boutique Real Estate Firm, you can expect above average representation in any transaction from a quaint condo unit to sprawling estate and everything in between. You will rest assured knowing that not only your Broker but the entire office is working to assist you for a smooth and skilled transaction.
How is a boutique firm similar to a large real estate company?
In an age of technology where bigger is often better and instant gratification is expected, a Boutique Real Estate Firm, like The Property Shop in Wilmington North Carolina, stands among the best.
- Boutique Firms offer the same Multiple Listing Service (MLS) representation as larger companies. Meaning, all companies have the same access level to the same properties whether representing a buyer or a seller.
- Online marketing offerings at larger companies and Boutique Firms are equal. Your property will be represented on major home buying and selling sites like REALTOR.com, Homes.com Zillow and Trulia and many others.
- Much of the technology that REALTORS® provide their clients are provided through the MLS system. This technology is available to both large companies and boutique firms.
- Large Real Estate companies have high quality marketing products, just like a boutique firm. Often, boutique firms are able to specialize their marketing even more than larger firms.
So, why is a Boutique Real Estate Firm Best?
- Quality of Quantity.
Boutique firms know that each client has different needs. Instead of focusing on the number of homes they purchase or sell, the boutique firm can concentrate on Customer Service. The boutique firm knows that your opinion has a more significant impact than at a larger company, and will strive for your satisfaction.
- Support from their office.
The small close-knit group that a Boutique Firm creates helps to facilitate the needs of each broker and therefore each need of their clients. By choosing a boutique firm you can guarantee that the entire office is dedicated to your best interest.
- Established and Top-Tier Agents.
The owner or hiring manager is working to cultivate a small and professional environment, which means only the best and most driven will be selected. At a boutique firm, you can expect each broker to be proficient and dedicated to each client
4. Vigilant about cultivating the culture and brand of the firm.
Unlike a larger company, a Boutique firm has something to prove and doesn’t have a large brand name to use as a source of their worth. Your boutique firm is eager to show their ability to complete with a larger firm.
5. Innovation and customization happen more quickly.
Large companies have more “red tape” and company regulations that restrict the ability of your broker to be innovative. A boutique firm offers instant communication with the company owner, allowing for quick and cutting edge customization in marketing your home. Most marketing is done in house, so your broker won’t need to wait for weeks before your home is represented in the market place.
- Boutique firms care about the rights of buyers and sellers more than building a business empire.
Many boutique real estate firms have strong options regarding the rights of their clients, rights of other REALTORS® and their small business. Their primary cause is not to build a business empire, but to be sure their community thrives through home ownership. The Property Shop brokers can be found sitting on local REALTOR® boards, state REALTOR® boards and National REALTOR® boards protecting and promoting your private property rights.
- Your community comes first.
Your community is your boutique firm’s community. Your boutique firm will typically be committed to an economically sound, beautiful and welcoming community because their business only does well if the community does well. Property Shop Brokers will be found volunteering their time at various organizations throughout the area.
- Your Transaction is always with your agent.
With a focus on customer satisfaction, your broker will not give your contract to a closing coordinator. Closing coordinator are typically used by larger companies so a broker can begin work with their next client. Our brokers will see your transaction through from the beginning to the end. No paperwork or important information will be lost in the shuffle, so you can be assure that you are well represented throughout the entire process.